Fiona has worked for the last four years as part of the SNP
Government’s strong experienced team delivering for West
Lothian and Scotland. Locally, Fiona has worked with the SNP led
West Lothian Council to deliver on local priorities.
Record for Whitburn, East Whitburn, Blackburn and Greenrigg
You wanted to keep health care local
• and so we kept services at St John’s, transferred others from
Edinburgh, protected NHS spend and abolished prescription charges
You wanted safer and stronger communities
• so we now have 1000 more police on the beat and a 32 year recordlow in crime. Over 800 new council houses are being built in West Lothian
including Whitburn compared to only 6 in the whole of Scotland under Labour
You wanted pride put back into our communities
• so the national town centre regeneration fund helped finance the
town centre face lift with the new sundial area, new seating and planting
making the Cross more attractive.
• The Community Action Blackburn project will continue under the SNP
You wanted free education
• and I was the SNP Minister who introduced the Bill in Parliament to
abolish the graduate endowment back-end tuition fee saving students
and families £2,300. We grew the role of colleges and skills and training
and as an SNP Minister I introduced the ‘adopt an apprentice’ scheme,
saving hundreds of jobs through the recession.