Hyslop highlights Queensferry Crossing walk during opening weekend
Local Linlithgow MSP Fiona Hyslop is highlighting the chance to walk across the new Queensferry Crossing after it officially opens to vehicles on August 30th.
The bridge will close on September 2nd and 3rd to allow the public to take part in a ‘once in a lifetime’ chance to walk over the new bridge.
“The Queensferry Crossing is the largest bridge of its type and is considered to be one of the world’s greatest bridges. The opening of the Queensferry Crossing marks the end of a 10 year process and its official opening is very welcome to the people of West Lothian.
“I am delighted that the Queensferry Crossing will officially open on August 30th and will allow up to 50,000 the opportunity to walk across the momentous structure shortly after its launch.
“The ballot for tickets to walk across the Bridge is currently open and will end at 1200 noon on Wednesday July 5, 2017. To enter the ballot people should visit the Queensferry Crossing Experience website: www.queensferrycrossingexperience.com
“Walking across the bridge is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I would encourage those interested to enter the ballot soon for a chance to cross the bridge on foot.”
- The Queensferry Crossing will open to traffic on August 30, 2017
- The bridge will then close to allow the public to take part in a ‘once in a lifetime’ chance to walk over the new bridge on September 2 and 3;
- There are 50,000 spaces up for grabs through a ballot – the Queensferry Crossing Experience: queensferrycrossingexperience.com
- Details of an official opening ceremony to follow;
- The bridge will transition to a motorway once the final public transport links to the north of the Forth Road Bridge are completed. Full details to be provided for road users in the weeks ahead of opening the bridge.